Friday 25 March 2011

The Magic Room


There's something secret and totally delicious about most Norwegian houses and i don't mean an edible gingerbread type thing. I mean that there is under floor heating under the bathroom floors (and if you're lucky this extends into other rooms in the house like the sittingroom) which in the winter makes it the most desirable room to be in hands down. My mum says she would like to move in there for the winter because it's so toastey. No longer do i loath the winter mornings when i barely dared to undress, almost prefering to wear my pyjamas all day under my normal clothes than to have to brave the cold, or i would have to steal myself to get out of the shower/bath at either end of the day. Now i can prance about naked in a wonderful tropical heat, no longer freezing except when i step out of the house! But we've discovered something else quite magical about this room. Our now 2 month old son Sebastian can just lie happily for hours on the mat on the floor just gazing around him and smiling and if he wont settle i can just take him to this room and he immediately calms down and starts to chat to whoever seems to be sitting at the top right corner of the mat. He's loved it from day one and i can see why!



1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted underfloor heating, especially in a bathroom, makes so much sense and can be better for the environment than radiators..

    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I love your blog too! Hope to see you soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think,i really appreciate any feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...