Monday 1 March 2010

Be Bold


"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness, concerning all acts of initiative (and creation). There is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas & splendid plans: that moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents & meetings & material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power & magic in it. Begin it now.” - Goethe

Risking change awakens our ability to see. "We only have to risk opening the door. Sometimes we have no idea where we are going, in what direction or for how long. But that’s the risk we have to take if we want to become more, see more and understand more of our self." (Karen Wallace, Art Therapist). We have to trust which takes courage and let ourselves be in a place of 'not knowing', only then can we truly start to see and move towards the realisation of our hopes and dreams. It can allow for new possibilities, to explore new experiences and become aware of new talents and gifts.

Karen Wallace says that it can help to ask ourselves:
  • How does it feel to take a big risk?
  • What are some of your fears when you took a risk or started something new?
  • List your beliefs about yourself.
  • What could you risk changing on this list?
  • What would be the cost of taking this risk?
  • What would be the benefit of taking this risk?
Fear can be powerful in its ability to suppress, suffocate and hold you back. It can cause indecision, procrastination and stagnation, but it can also highlight where you most need healing and movement. Paradoxically focusing on the fear, delving deeper into it and exploring it instead of trying to push it away or running from it can bring it to light and often resolve the root cause of your fear and your paralysis. You can be released from it sometimes just by shining a light on it.

It can also help to see FEAR as:

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

and change it into:

Focused
Energy
Alters
Reality

Fear has the effect of drawing in our auras and therefore our light, but what we most need when we feel afraid is to project our auras out expanding our light and therefore widening our protection.
Standing in our light and in our power is what helps us to grow and to move forward through our fears, but sometimes we need help to do this.

During my early teens when i was feeling very disconnected and ill at ease in the world and in my own body and being and therefore experiencing a lot of fear and paralysis in different forms i remember an incredible experience that began to change the way that i viewed myself and the world.
I cannot remember now exactly when it happened, even what year it was but i know it came after i asked for help calling from the bottom of my heart. I remember i was reading in bed late at night at my parents house, but despite the gentle nature of the book i started to feel an intense unease and then suddenly wave upon wave upon wave of fear rolling in and crashing down on me. I could see this in an energetic form and i could feel the fears intensely, every fear from the smallest to the largest that i had ever had. It felt like i was having to face my worst fears in life in a way that meant that i could not run from them, i had no choice but to experience each one in full in a myriad of different ways as i lay there. But within this intense and overwhelming experience i slowly began to feel that i could handle them and whatever fears i had began to dissolve in front of me, slowly melting into nothing and as they did i felt fully released from them. At the same time i began to feel the energy completely shift within the room and as the physicality of the room began to vibrate and expand so did i, so that i was no longer just my body, but connected to so much more. I felt and saw light pouring into the space around me and within me and the most incredible all encompassing love of the deepest kind came with it. It filled every part of me and there was nothing beyond it but waves upon waves of love and i felt i was being carried up and out on it.
The room slowly expanded filling with beings of light in front of my eyes, angels forming circles without end around me, and each one was pulsing with energy which changed from green, to pink to yellow to pure white light, all colours of the rainbow as far as the eye could see and i felt lifted up on the love that poured through everything, through every part of me, it was the deepest most all encompassing love and the room that has expanded beyond imagination was pushed completely out of view. There was no beginning and no end and i knew with absolute certainty that i was loved for every part of me that i was, that had been and that would be. I had always been loved and i always would be loved. I was part of the divine, connected and whole as i had always been (as we all are) and the angelic beings would always be there for me. I knew in that moment that i could let go of the world and go with them if i chose to, that i could come completely out of body, but something in me pulled me back and i knew that i couldn't go yet, there was something i needed to stay for and as i felt this i began to feel myself being slowly poured back into my body yet i could see my energy body still pulsing with light and energy. The room slowly came back into being at the same time yet the angels remained and so did this intense feeling of love, healing and the knowledge that i was connected to the divine. I knew at a deep level that i was ok and i felt a huge weight had been lifted leaving me feeling completely at peace and held by love until long after i went to sleep. It was an experience that i cannot do justice to in written form but it is one that will never leave me and i have always been able to tap back into, when i remember.


It opened my eyes again and sowed the seeds for a deep change, even though it took many years of illness and set backs, it helped to keep me from drowning in it and gave me an anchor and a rememberance of spiritual knowledge that i needed to keep me heading towards health and ultimately vibrating with life.  From this point on i began to see and receive angelic and spiritual help in many different ways. I knew even if i didn't remember it every day or see the angels and spirit guides that they were there and that i was connected to the divine and loved beyond imagining.


You might want to look at this article about Lorna Bryne author of "Angels in my hair" . Her book is a magical and healing one. It reminds us to look below the surface a little more in life to see the magic and the help that is available in angelic form. It is Lornas story about how she has been able to see angels from birth and how she works with them to help others.

Be bold and listen to your fears because by looking closer at what scares us the most we can be given the key to transform what is holding us back. If we can be bold, including asking for help, we can start to attract magic, power and boundless energy.



 “...to see life again as a child, to see wonder, the awe, the marvel, the simplicity of the blade of grass.” (Michael Fox) and the magic of life in its entirety, even in our darkest moments, is something to relish and delight in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think,i really appreciate any feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...