Sometimes you just need a quick meal and this one goes down very well in our house
• 40g unsalted butter/dairy free alternative
• 50g parmesan, finely grated (optional)
• 500g spinach
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 tbsp single cream (or soya cream)
• Freshly grated nutmeg
• 200g undyed smoked haddock
• 4 large free-range eggs .
1) Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4. Butter 4 ramekins or ovenproof tea cups and coat with grated parmesan.
2) Cook the spinach in a little butter and extra-virgin olive oil over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes. When wilted, spoon into a colander and press out any liquid. Finely chop, then mix in a bowl with the cream, a good grating of nutmeg, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix in the haddock.
3) Divide the spinach between the ramekins, then crack an egg into each, and pour around a little of the extra cream. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, then bake on a tray for about 20 minutes, until the whites are set and yolks are done to your liking. Serve with buttered soda-bread toast.