hmm Susan Jane Murray just gets it right every time with her recipes.
Here is her Lemon Drizzle cake and it is deelicious.
For the cake:
3 tablespoons raw agave or organic honey
3 tablespoons cold pressed macadamia oil or sunflower oil
3 medium eggs, or 2 large
1 tablespoon water
100g or 1 cup of ground almonds
Zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of good organic unrefined salt
For the drizzle:
Juice of ½ lemon
3-4 tablespoons raw agave or honey
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. 180 degrees is a little too hot and will brown the cake. Oil a small Swiss tin, or similar small baking tin. A large loaf tin would also do.
2. Blend the oil, agave and eggs and water together with a fork.
3. Then beat in the almonds, zest, baking powder and salt.
4. Pour into your chosen tin – you’re aiming for approximately 2cm in height. Bake for 10 minutes.
5. For the sticky lemony drizzle, simply warm the lemon juice with agave or honey over a gentle heat. Pour over your cake as it arrives out of the oven. Allow to cool in the tin.
Lemon drizzle cake is usually made with huge amounts of butter (and wheat) and makes me feel aweful, but with this recipe both my taste buds and my tummy loved it.
I hope you enjoy this yummy cake as much as i did!