Monday 22 February 2010

Jewels

My wonderful and talented friend Nicole has just launched her new website www.nicolethurgur.co.uk to advertise and to sell her unique and very beautiful handmade felt jewellery. She has a wonderful range of necklaces, braclets and earrings, all of which she has designed and made by hand. This involves a lengthy process of felt dry needling, but it enables her to create unique shapes and the beautiful details in each bead.

I was lucky enough to be given one of her gorgeous necklaces for my birthday last year. I feel it expresses me perfectly and i am soothed by its beauty and its colours. It makes me very happy wearing it or just to seeing it hanging up in my room.

In her own words: "I work from my studio in Oxfordshire designing and making unique and exclusive felt jewellery. I am influenced by the strong colours of South Africa where I was born as well as the natural forms in plants, gardens, pebbles, rocks, stones, eggs and the changing landscape. Each felt bead is handmade using the time consuming dry needling technique. This ensures the delicate designs in the beads, which are decorated on both sides. I love doing commissions where clients choose their own colour scheme for their specific skin tones and personality. When doing this it is also important to consider the length of the work, as this is also specific to everyone’s taste."


http://www.nicolethurgur.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think,i really appreciate any feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...